Chocolate Brownie Mix In a Jar
So it got my creative mind ticking over again, as it feels like I have been in a bit of a baby groove and have forgotten a little to take time to create something as this makes me happy. Even if its just something small, if I manage to create something new during the day, its a good day.
I started thinking about how I could use some of my glass jars that I seem to collect, and I googled ‘food mixes in jars’. Its a thing! Found some great ideas here, and some great Christmas holiday mixes which I have mentally bookmarked for later.
I found this one here and have adapted it just slightly (for no other reason than I used what I had in the pantry without leaving Bear on the bench by himself to go to the other end of the house to get more of what I needed! Because you don’t interrupt a toddler who is happily playing. You. Just. Do. Not.)
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- 95g plane flour
- 35g cocoa powder
- 75g plane flour
- 115g brown sugar
- 150g sugar
- 100g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 70 g walnut roughly chopped
- One glass jar 1 litre size
- 150g melted butter
- 3 eggs beaten
- Combine in a bowl the salt baking powder and the 95g flour. Mix well and pour into your glass jar to make up the first layer.
- Then layer on the rest of the ingredients in order down the list.
- The ingredients here will fill a 1 litre jar.
Chocolate Brownie Mix