Sometimes I get caught up in blogging about healthy recipes for dinner that I forget to blog the ones that are not so good for you, but still used at my house. This one is quick and easy and a great comfort food. Hope you enjoy!
What you need -Ai??
350g spaghetti pasta
Olive oil (for cooking pasta with)
2 egg yolks
80 g parmesan – finely grated
150 g streaky bacon – sliced
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
Knob of butter
Small bunch of flat leaf parsley – roughly chopped
Salt and Pepper
What to do -Ai??
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil for the pasta. Once its at a rolling boil, add the pasta and a dash of olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a medium bowl combine the egg yolks, cream, parmesan and salt and pepper. Put aside.
- Fry the bacon in a frypan with the oil and cook until its nearly crispy.
- When the spaghetti is cooked drain it in the sink and return to the pan and add the butter and bacon. Mix well, and then with the heat on the lowest setting add the cream mixture and mix well until the cheese melts and all the pasta is coated.
- Serve with the parsley on top and some more grated parmesan if desired.